Tuesday 3 January 2017

A Christmas Pillow Case Gift

Welcome,

As a Christmas gift I made this pillow case for a friend.. 😃

It is made with scraps and a orphan block after making Bermuda's Quilt 

I wanted to create something that looked like it belonged with the quilt but wanted to use up as many of the scraps I had as possible.

I feel that the triangles alongside one quilt sized block fits my brief.

I am really please with how it looks, I've even managed to use up another orphan half block - with the dragonflies.

I kept the quilting simple, on the triangle section I just quilted 1/8 inch from each seam line.

In the diamond block section I quilted it as I did on the actual quilt - straight line quilting in the diamond with pebbles and some swirls and a few feathers for luck!

That was my last finish for 2016 😊

Thanks for popping by
Vicki


No comments:

Post a Comment