Saturday 21 February 2015

A'line Wrap Skirt - A finished project

Last weekend I made a skirt, the pattern had been a gift from a friend, wow, it was 3 weeks ago when I shared this picture on facebook when I purchased the fabric!

The Surface Art Pattern & fabric


This is a beautiful quilting cotton.

I confidently cut all of the pieces after all a 12 is a 12 isn't it ... nooooo! Once I had sewn the waistband I realised that this was going to be a little on the small side, so I unpicked it and re-sewed it with smaller seam allowances, completing the whole skirt with smaller seams.

The finished skirt
After reducing the seam allowances it is a much better fit, though still a little on the small side - luckily it's a wrap skirt so the sizing can be forgiving.  

Detail shot of skirt

I will definitely wear this skirt BUT next time I make it I'll be making a larger size!

Whilst sewing this skirt together I noticed my quilt labels sat next to me and decided to add one in - a professional looking finish!

Contrast waist band and label

I looove this contrasting fabric, it is one from my stash and I think it looks great with this skirt fabric.

Can't wait to wear this - big thank you Julieann for the gift.

Thank you for popping by
Vicki





2 comments:

  1. Looks great Vicki. It just shows that until you get to know a make of patterns you have to measure before cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too true mum - at least this is still 'wearable'!

    ReplyDelete