Wednesday 3 July 2019

Completed Jumper

Welcome!

I have completed my first ever jumper! And I have worn it!



I used the Winterly pattern by Suvi Simola on Ravelry.



I chose this pattern for a few reasons:

  1. it is a top down pattern which means you can try it on as you go, which is a good thing as I had to adjust the pattern - more about that in a bit - and no sewing seams!
  2. There is a lace pattern which meant it wasn't just knitting in the round where I might easily get bored


I'm not good at guage swatches and I knew my guage wasn't right before I started so I adjusted as I went!
I began the with the correct number of stiches for my size but added additional rounds in the dark grey section to make the jumper wide enough and long enough to reach under the arms, in hind sight I think I made this a little wide, but the length is good.
I also added a little extra length.


The lace pattern wasn't too complicated and kept me interested.


As I was knitting hubby seemed to think I should be knitting a jumper for him - I guess that will have to be one of my next projects.

Happy Knitting all

Thank you for popping by

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment