Saturday 21 July 2018

Barely There Quilt Top Finish

Welcome,

When I posted my finished jumper last week I found this draft post which has obviously been here a while as this quilt is well and truly finished - I'll share the finished quilt soon

I have completed another quilt top.


I am enjoying the movement in the pattern with the mix of rectangles and half square rectangles


There wasn't really a plan for this, instead I spent quite a bit of time moving blocks around on my 'design floor'


The fabrics used were from the first ever bundle I bought at the beginning of the year with fabrics by Rosalie Dekker, I fell in love with the muted teals, greys and pinks straight away


This was my first time sewing with half square rectangles, sewing them together was no problem, but I hadn't taken into account that the shorter edge would need a wider seam allowance to allow the points to match up!


The quilt finishes at 45 x 54 inches
made up of 216 blocks finishing at 2.5 x 4.5 inches
There are 153 rectangle blocks and 63 half rectangle blocks


Now I just need to find a suitable backing fabric and quilt it!


Thanks for popping by

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment