Sunday 27 November 2016

Baby Half Square Triangle Diamond Quilt - A Finished Quilt

Welcome

A friend asked me to make a quilt for a baby shower that she was going to for a baby boy. I had free reign, but didn't want to make a quilt that was too baby-ish.


I chose to work with half square triangles and chose shades of blue, teal and green pairing a light with a dark fabric.

I also chose some fabrics that I thought a boy would like, this includes, lady bugs, scooters, fox and a boy riding a paper airplane.


Each square finishes at 4 x 4 inches which makes this quilt 54 inch square - a little bigger than planned, but I'm happy with it.


I quilted it with straight lines, triangles within the 'dark' triangles and a square spiral in the centre.

Start to finish in 2 and a half weeks - the quickest for me so far!


Hubby hand delivered the quilt for me and I'm glad to say that it was well received - always a relief!

Quilt stats:
12 rows x 12 rows of half square trinangle blocks
- 144 x 4.5 inch finished blocks
- 54 x 54 inch finished quilt

Thanks for popping by
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment